The law regulating touristic rentals was ruled partially void and ineffective and was in part abolished. This new regulation was adopted as a decree.
The following summarized and simplified information does not claim to be complete or replace professional advice, but rather should serve as food for thought.
WHAT EXACTLY IS NEW?
Allowed are now private rentals in touristic ground, and can be started right after presenting the application.
WHEN MAY I NOT?
If the constitution of the owner community prohibits touristic rentals, or the development plan does not permit.
WHAT MUST I DO?
1. Before starting touristic rentals you need to inform the authorities
2. The property must have all the necessary legal documentation
3. The owner has to present a statement of liability (declaración responsable)
4. To the authorities must be presented a standardized rental contract that states exactly the rent, time frame, max. pax, and IGIC
5. Tax non-residents must pay tax quarterly in Spain
6. Advertisement must be truthful.